The Traveling Steve's

Qantas Flight from Perth to Sydney!

After spending three wonderful days in Perth, Steve (DOS) and I flew cross-country across Australia via QANTAS Airways from Perth to Sydney. We first said bye to our friends Michael and Tracey at the Hyatt Regency Hotel Perth where we all had stayed, after having one last breakfast together.

DOS and I then headed to the airport with Manuela and Jenny, who were also flying out later that day but back to Adelaide.

Check-in was at the Perth Domestic Terminal, and was fairly quick and efficient at the QANTAS counter, considering how many bags the agent had to tag for us, as well as arranging wheelchair transfers for me to the Business Class Lounge and later the gate area.

As we were flying Business Class, we were entitled to the very nice Business Class Lounge, which we enjoyed a bit before our 1:15pm flight. Our friends Manuela and Jenny were also heading home to Adelaide on a different flight, but also joined us in the lounge a bit later, as their flight wasn’t until 3pm.

We enjoyed conversing in the lounge reminiscing about the trip so far, and how quickly our time had gone by since we started in Adelaide, taken the five day cruise on the Pacific Explorer from Adelaide to Perth, and then staying three nights in Perth, post cruise.

When it was time to board our flight, a QANTAS representative came to get Steve and me, and we had the same friendly agent who had assisted us to the lounge after checking in for our flight. While I can walk, it has been a bit of a struggle since we got the Dengue Fever in India shortly before the New Year, and even with recent Physical Therapy, long distance walks are a bit of a challenge for me still. We said bye to Manuela and Jenny and headed to our departure gate.

We boarded our flight, a Boeing 737 jet for the cross country flight from Perth to Sydney, and left right on time. Our four hour flight was nice and uneventful (the best kind of flight), and we were served a meal and drinks on the flight, along with excellent service.

With the three hour time change from Perth to Sydney, the sun was starting to set as we descended into Sydney, making for a beautiful sunset.

We landed in Sydney right on time at 6:35pm local time. We had a airline representative meet us at the gate, and escorted us to the baggage claim via wheelchair for me.

At baggage claim, we were met by our prearranged driver, who helped us to his car, a Tesla X model with the “Back to the Future” type rear doors that slide upwards, instead of outwards; quite impressive and futuristic looking!

We had a nice drive to the hotel from the Sydney Airport, and we asked our driver lots of questions about the Tesla (who has two Teslas and loves them; one an X and one a Y model). I would like to get a Tesla sometime this year, but the SUV model Y, which was his other car. We ended up arranging transportation for a couple days later when we were going to the HARS Aviation museum, which is an hour and a half from Sydney. More on that trip in another post.

We arrived at our hotel, the Hyatt Regency Sydney around 7:45pm, and got checked into our room. We stayed in Suite 902, which overlooked the Darling Harbor marina area. While we were not overlooking the Opera House (a short Uber ride away), the view from the narrow but long balcony was wonderful both day and night.

The room itself was very nice and comfortable for our four night stay at this hotel.

After settling into the room and unpacking a bit, we headed downstairs to one of the hotel’s restaurants, which was a pub type establishment we enjoyed several times during our stay here.

After dinner we headed up to our room to shower and head to bed. While it was mostly a travel day, with the four hour flight and three hour time change, not to mention our busy days in Perth and on the five day cruise previously, we both felt a bit tired.

So Goodnight and Welcome to Sydney!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *